- 1.5 onions, finely diced
- 2 green bell peppers finely diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- 1 lbs. mixed mushrooms, finely chopped (see photo***)
- 6 oz. raw cashews, finely chopped (almost powdered)
- 2 C. cooked black beans
- 2 C. cooked lentils
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast*
- 1/3 C. BBQ sauce
- 1/4 C. Worcestershire Sauce**
- 24 Hard rolls
- In a very large skillet or roasting pan (I use my electric skillet) over medium high heat, add onions and bell pepper and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms have given up most of their moisture and the pan is practically dry.
- Add cashews, olives, beans, and lentils. Cook until cashews toast just a little
- Add BBQ sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Taste for seasoning. Turn off the heat. Stir in nutritional yeast.
- Try not to eat the filling all by itself.
- Remove the inside bread of the rolls, leaving the crust intact.
- Finely chop the interior bread into crumbs. Stir into stuffing mixture.
- Fill rolls with stuffing mixture. Try not to compress the stuffing too much, but make sure they are full.
- Wrap each sandwich with foil.
- Toast sandwiches in a 375′ oven for 15-20 minutes, until warm through and toasty good.
- Consume mass quantities
* Yes, I hate myself, but it makes this taste amazing.
** Get over it, hippy.
*** This is the desired size/texture for the mushrooms: