- 1.5 onions, finely diced
- 2 green bell peppers finely diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- 1 lbs. mixed mushrooms, finely chopped
- 6 oz. raw cashews, finely chopped (almost powdered)
- 2 C. cooked black beans
- 2 C. cooked lentils
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast*
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1-2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. oregano (Mexican oregano if available)
- 1/4 C. Worcestershire Sauce**
- Tortillas, shells, and whatever else you put on your tacos***
- In a very large skillet or roasting pan (I use my electric skillet) over medium high heat, add onions and bell pepper and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms have given up most of their moisture and the pan is practically dry.
- Add cashews, olives, beans, and lentils. Cook until cashews toast just a little
- Add chipotle peppers, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine. Taste for seasoning. Turn off the heat. Stir in nutritional yeast.
- Try not to eat the filling all by itself.
- Make tacos.
- Eat tacos.
* Yes, I hate myself, but it makes this taste amazing.
** Get over it, hippy.
*** My dad put ketchup on his… I know.
Based on TMA Stuffed Rolls
(I forgot to take a photo, but you know what a taco looks like, right, Hippy?)